July 10, 2012

More Riding

I rode Prince on Sunday once it finally cooled down, Ramona yesterday, and Prince again today.

It's cooled down enough that I am back to enjoying using the outdoor cross ties.  The more time I spend outside the happier I am, and Prince feels the same way.





On Sunday I rode Prince bareback but in his bridle.  We worked on the usual- bending, no giraffe impressions, trying to go as much like a fancy horse as possible.  We never are *actually* going on the bit, but we had some good moments in which Prince lowered his head and relaxed and wasn't leaning on the bridle in anyway so I'm going to call it a success.

Today I just hopped on him bareback with a rope around his neck to help with steering/brakes.  We practiced for a little and then I let him back out with Cowboy to graze.


Speaking of pictures out in the cross-ties, I have a few funny ones of Prince from the very first weekend he was at the barn.  I was tacking him up to ride and he couldn't see any of the other horses so he started calling for them.  He doesn't do that anymore of course, but it made for some funny pictures.

"Just hanging out..."


"Wait a minute, I'm all alone out here"


"FRIENDS WHERE ARE YOU??"






Silly ponies.  Oh and Ramona was good.

2 comments:

  1. I love his bottom lip when he calls out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still marveling at how bright and clean and open the new barn looks in the pictures! Yearning to win the lottery so I can have my own barn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them!

-Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...