I'm told that Prince has not given up his love of the outdoors despite the heat. When I say heat, I mean it- tomorrow we have a high of 103 degrees with a heat index of 113 degrees predicted. That hasn't stopped Prince from spending most of his time outside. BO said that he often finds him snoozing in the sun.
I can tell Prince has been enjoying his time outside in the sun, he is always a sweaty boy when I go out there these days (unlike the mares who stay inside under their fans).
I'm happy that he's adjusting to the heat so well and seems to be fine with it. Yay for sweating!
Yesterday I did a little more bareback/bridleless riding and it went fairly well. We mostly worked on walk/halt, trot/walk transitions since brakes tend to be our biggest problem. Before the ride Prince got a good grooming (I just about melted while I was currying him) and got his mane pulled.
Stay cool this weekend everyone (except for Ruffles, you stay warm!)

Glad Prince likes being outdoors. Brakes is the biggest problem I have when I'm riding Poppy bareback and bridle-less too. We aren't even close to being as good as you and Prince though.
ReplyDeletelol - its really weird reading about your hot weather when its so cold here. :)