September 1, 2026

Excitement!

 

I'm back!!

I've been cleared to return to slowly return to normal activity so of course one of the things I was most excited about was getting back on a horse!  I was able to get out to the barn that afternoon, although I did have little equestrian along with me, so my ride was a pretty short bareback ride after she warmed Q up for me- but hey, better than nothing!


I've been too busy with the newborn and toddler to get out to the barn much more than every other weekend, but from what I can tell Q seems to be doing better this summer (knock on wood).  He is usually breathing fast and clearly hot when I get out there, but he is at least still sweating somewhat and so far his asthma seems much better.  I'm pretty sure by this time last year he was coughing just walking in from the field and while I *barely* trotted him the other day, he didn't cough once.  So far I haven't had to start him on medication at all which is the first in several years we've made it this far without steroids.  

We'll have to see how he does when/if I can actually get him back into work, but for now I'll take it!




Q has also put weight back on this summer which I'm happy about.  He lost more weight than I liked to see when he first switched to this new barn, but minus a lack of muscle from not being in work, he really looks pretty good again.



It's going to remain a challenge for me to get out to the barn for a little while longer, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.  It's also still pretty hot and humid out so at least I'm not missing out on any nice riding weather.  It won't hurt Q to continue with an easy schedule until we are past the worst of the heat.

But either way I'm excited to be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment, I love reading them!

-Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...